Sunday, September 21, 2008

I AM DREWS BEST FRIEND

Kelly Cuell sent this message and I think that anyone that knows Drew can relate:

I feel that I am Drews best friend and I am confident in saying that if you asked any of Drews other friends that they would make the same statement. You see Drew has a way of making you feel that you are a very important person in his life and it forces you to try and do the same.

When I was growing up I had a group of guys that I associated with and that I considered my friends as I got older I found that I didn't like the way that they treated each other and surely didn't like the way they treated me. I made a pinnacle choice in my life and decided to find new friends. The first of these was named Drew. When I was 16 I began working at a restaurant and Drew was working with me the first night and helped to train me in my new job. We quickly became friends and began doing things outside of work and hanging out at school. It is said that to have a good friend you need to be a good friend and this was the key to our relationship. I felt that Drew was such a good friend to me that it made me want to be a better friend to him. So it began, soon we had a group of friends surrounding us that had the same ideals and although we never articulated it, it was understood. At the core of this group is Drew, he is the very glue that holds the group together.

The most important choice you will make is your choice of friends. I am fortunate Drew chose me to be his.

No comments: